Technology & Printing
The Austin Memorial Library offers 16 computers (8 in adult, 8 in youth) which provide access to Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Adobe Acrobat Reader, and Microsoft Office. Printing is $0.10 cents a page for black and white and $0.50 cents a page for color. Scanning is available at the Front Desk and can be emailed or saved to your flash drive. Please limit your time to 60 minutes. If extra time is needed please inform the Front Desk for extended usage. Computers may be reserved ahead of time by calling the library.
What do I need to use the computers?
- To get the maximum benefit, you should have a library card and your personal identification number (PIN)
- If you do not know your PIN try the last four digits of your phone number. If this does not work, ask at the Front Desk. Do not use spaces when you enter the library card number or PIN.
- Guest passes are available for those who do not have a library card.
The Austin Memorial Library offers separate children’s computers for those aged 17 and under. The Children’s area contains eight internet computers and two AWE computers for younger children loaded with early literacy and game apps.
- Parents/guardians of minor are advised that they must assume responsibility for, and any restrictions of, their children’s use of the Internet through the Library connection.
- Library staff may be able to offer starting suggestions or search tips, but cannot act in place of or in absence of the parent.
- Parents are encouraged to work closely with their children in selecting material that is consistent with personal and family values and boundaries.
Currently in order to print from your smartphone, laptop or tablet you must send and email to the library email for printing. You can send emails to the library from home or in the building. Cost per page: $0.10 for black and white, and $0.50 for color. To print via email you may email the library at email@example.com. Send an email including any attachment to the email address above. Make sure to include a subject with your name.